U8 Modular 8 Port KVM Switch
The U8 is a modular KVM switch ideal for system administrators who need to control multiple computers and servers from a single, centralized location.
The U8 KVM switch's modular design offers the ability to add a second console featuring remote access either via an IP remote extension unit or via a remote Cat.5 extender unit. Using this method, administrators can access their servers and KVM switches from a remote office workstation. The optional access modules can be purchased separately and are simply installed into the back of the U8 Modular KVM switch.
For maximum compatibility, the U8 offers multi-platform support over PS/2 and USB connections so it can be used with PCs, Macs and SUN systems. Screen resolutions of up to 1920 x 1440 are supported and a fully featured on-screen display system is also provided to allow easy setup and management.
- 8 Port Modular KVM switch in a 1U, 19" rackmount size
- Supports PS/2 and USB enabled SUN, MAC and Windows computers
- Remote Console port for either Cat.5 Extender or IP Access module (available separately)
- Can be daisy chained up to 8 levels using the dedicated daisy chaining port
- Computers are connected via dedicated PS/2 keyboard, mouse and VGA cables (not included) at distances of up to 5m.
- PS/2 to USB adapters and PS/2 to USB adapter cables are available for use with USB enabled servers/computers
- 16 Port version also available